Sunday, December 13, 2009

Acne medication??

I'm breaking out left and right and it's driving me insane!!! Does ne1 kno a really good acne medication that actually works?? Hopefully u'd answer from experience but all responses r welcomed.Acne medication??
Yes, I have experience.





First, start with the products you do use. Have you added anything to your arsenal recently that could be causing the problem? Are you overstripping. Only use one acne product at a time. I fell into this trap before. You could be stripping your skin of all of its oil, resulting in over-production, which equals more acne. Prevention is better than treatment. Trust me. I have much less of an issue when I take proper care of my skin in the first place!





Here is what works for me:


1. Cetaphil facial cleanser (recommended by my dermatologist) for am and pm use. Make sure to wash twice a day.


2. Make sure you exfoliate at least once a week. This removes dead skin cells that can clog pores.


3. Use ';cleaner'; make-up. I love my Bare Essentuals, it doesn't clog my pores.


4. Use a gentle moisturizer in the am.


5. Add an acne product designed for your particular issue. Blackheads? Try Clean %26amp; Clear's astringent for blackheads. For traditional acne the products are endless, you may have to try a few before you get the one that works best for you. Oh, and if you want to use an acne wash, only use it once a day. Use a gentle cleanser, such as cetephil, for the second wash of the day.





For my acne, I got a cream from my dermatologist. It is called Differin and is very affordable. If you can't get it under control with a good regimine and over-the-counter products, consult your dermatologist.Acne medication??
go to acne.org





it'll answer all acne questions and dispel myths the media throws at you.





dan kern's program works without a doubt if done the right way.





proactive works also.
proactive
It depends how much money you're willing to spend.





Clean %26amp; Clear, Biore %26amp; Neutrogena are good if you can't spend a lot and if you're not used to breaking out often.





I'd recommend Proactiv or seeing a doctor/dermatologist if you actually have a recurring acne problem.
Go to a dermatologist and they will know what is best for your skin, I tried for years to get rid of my acne and then went to a dermatologist and got some real medication and my skin is doing so well, keep on trying though, i know how it feels...
I use this and it works great for me and its home made too and really cheap to do.


Aspirin Mask:


crush 5-6 aspirins into powder


add a drop of honey


add a drop of water


mix it together so it forms a paste


apply to face for 20-30


then rinse with warm water


If you want a way to close your pores after(you dont have to)


smash a tomato and apply to face for 10-15 and then rinse with cold water


Good Luck~!
Clindoxyl gel works good :)


But you should go to the doctors and see what they prescribe for you.
I used to have cystic acne but my face is completely clear now. This is my lineup:


1. an oral antibiotic like Tetracycline each night (500 mg.)


2. Clean%26amp;Clear Continuous Control Cleanser


3. Witch Hazel for toner (it's more natural, and works better than any other product out there.)


4. If I have any zits, I wipe them down with a salycylic acid liquid (like Clean%26amp;Clear's Blackhead Clearing Astringent), and then cover them with a benzoyl peroxide cream. These two steps by themselves seem to be the best for already-existing acne.


5. Clean%26amp;Clear Moisturizer (they have a bunch to choose from.)


6. Once a week, I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish prone skin, and then also once a week I use St. Ives Hydroxy Peel mask to also exfoliate. Just make sure to leave about three days in between the scrub and mask.





I use this at both night (which by the way, I put down a Kleenex so my face doesn't touch my pillow, and keep my hair pulled back), and in the morning, except in the morning I use Clean%26amp;Clear Daily Pore Cleanser instead since it's got little scrubbers in it that get rid of any dead skin cells that came off in the middle of the night. But for your skin, I would suggest using the Continuous Control cleanser for both night and day. This has worked for me so well, but everybody is different, so I don't know how well your skin will react. I would at least try the salycylic acid/benzoyl peroxide tip out of anything. The important thing to remember is that it takes about 2 weeks to a month of constant use to see results, so don't give up after just a week or two unless you have some sort of allergic reaction. Try it for around 3 weeks to a month and see if you experience any difference. Hopefully you will. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans