Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's the best non-perscription acne medication?

Also, include the approximate price as well. I don't have that much money, but I do want my face to clear up.What's the best non-perscription acne medication?
Many things cause acne. And what you're calling acne may not even technically be acne. Best bet is to have your dermatologist tell you what you're really dealing with.





As for OTC treatment, the main ingredient in the most expensive and most effective non-prescription drugs is hydrogen peroxide. Cost is about 89 cents at The Dollar Store. If you're encountering an outbreak right now, apply a round cotton pad with a little HP on it to your face three times per day. Follow up with plain, fragrance-free hypo-allergenic moisturizer -- just enough to keep you from drying out too badly. I use Safeway brand (generic) Advanced Healing Skin Protectant Lotion. I got this from Tom Thumb for maybe $4.00, but it lasts a loooong time, and you don't use much. Maybe it was less; I can't remember.





This isn't an ';instant'; fix. Your skin needs time to heal. But you may greatly benefit from seeing your dermatologist to see if you might need some antibiotics to treat any bacterial skin condition you may be dealing with.





One other thing: Change your makeup often. I'm not just talking about keeping your face clean. I'm talking about throwing out your old makeup and using fresh applicators with fresh makeup. The bacteria in your skin can live and breed in your makeup too. Lovely, huh?What's the best non-perscription acne medication?
I finally, finally found my miracle.....the benzoyl peroxide lotion they sell at acne.org.....I think it's around 8 or 9 dollars plus shipping for a huge tube....it ends up being cheaper than clearasil because you buy the larger amount





anyway, it's a low concentration of peroxide, so it isn't too drying, and it blends with makeup.....I leave it on my skin practically 24 hours a day.....my acne has probably been reduced by about 90%





also, I think diet does play a role in acne.....the only time I do break out now is when I eat really unhealthfully.....
ummm....i don't know abt where u live ... but in india ... u can get Vitamin A capsules which are extremely good when taken for a more than a week or so .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans